We Dream Big to Create a Future With More Cheers
Our purpose is to Dream Big to Create a Future with More Cheers -- a future that everyone can celebrate and everyone can share. Where we dream big to serve up new ways to meet life’s moments, move our industry forward, and make a meaningful impact in our communities and the world.
- By 2025, 100% of our direct farmers will be skilled, connected, and financially empowered
- We depend on high-quality agricultural crops from thriving communities and healthy ecosystems to brew our beers. Our Smart Agriculture Goal focuses on where we can drive the most impact: in our direct sourcing programs with our agricultural development teams who work with over 20,000 farmers across 13 countries to produce our six priority crops barley, hops, rice, maize, sorghum and cassava.
- By 2025, 100%of our communities in high stress areas will have measurably improved water availability and quality
- More than just a key ingredient in our products, water is a critical resource for the health and well-being of every community around the world. Water resource challenges are magnified by climate pressures, inadequate infrastructure and poor governance. The growing scarcity of freshwater resources is not just a material issue for our company; it is a global risk to the economic, social and environmental well-being of our communities. As the world's leading brewer, we are committed to being a part of the solution to the growing water challenges across our communities and supply chain.
- By 2025, 100% of our product will be in packaging that is returnable or made from majority recycled content
- Responsibility for our product goes far beyond the last sip. We're constantly looking for ways to increase the recycled materials in our packaging, to increase recycling rates around the world through the recovery and reuse of materials, to reduce the amount of material we use in our packaging, and to educate consumers on the importance of recycling
25% across our value chain
- At AB InBev, we are committed to driving decarbonization and building climate resilience through our 2025 Sustainability Goals. We are proud to announce a new ambition to achieve net zero across our value chain by 2040.
- We are building climate resilience by committing to transition our global operations to 100% renewable electricity and reduce our GHG emissions by 25% across our value chain. Following the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recommendation, in March 2018 we set a science-based target that is in line with reductions required to keep warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius. We are committed to reducing absolute Scopes 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 35% by 2025 from a 2017 base year, in line with the 1.5 degrees pathway. Furthermore, we commit to increasing annual sourcing of renewable electricity from 7% in 2016 to 100% by 2025. We also commit to reducing emissions across the value chain (Scopes 1, 2 and 3) by 25% per beverage by 2025, from a 2017 base year. We include over 87% of our total Scope 3 emissions in our science-based target, putting us well over the two thirds inclusion threshold that is required by the Science Based Targets initiative.