Farmer Training, Engagement & Support
● Easily accessible, scalable and convenient training for farmers, farmer organizations and cooperatives across multiple topics – business management, business strategy and optimization, sustainable farming and financial literacy.
● Capabilities for small farmers to receive and access good quality seed and plant material to democratize access to higher yields (especially important for farmers in perrenials).
● Capabilities for small farmers to know, understand and benchmark the seed and plant material they are receiving to make informed decisions (especially important for farmers in perrenials).
● Gender-based program designers and implementers / education material, content for smallholders and communites to improve the role of women in supply chains.
● Income diversification solutions in small holder areas to generate additional income activity in communities.
● Agro/Social-forestry and biodiversity training and application.
● Remote training for agriculture extension teams focused on providing locally relevant and up-to-date advisory services to farmers to produce quality crops sustainably
● Systems and tools that strengthen the farmers' commercial decision-making and enables alliances and information sharing among farmers.
● Affordable, accessible financial products (e.g. low-interest loan products, crop insurance, credit rating system, village savings & loan models and capability development) designed for smallholder farmers.
● Technology that enables a system of payment for ecological services (i.e. carbon credits) to increase farmer adoption of sustainable practices as well as for for managing deforestation and natural ecosystems surrounding farms.
● Renewable energy solutions for standalone farming and manufacturing equipment (harvesters, C-forklifts, water pumps, tractors, etc.).
Crop Quality & Productivity
● Identification, prediction and/or prevention of plant disease and pests, as well as alerts on the changing level of disease pressure and recommended mitigation actions.
● Tools to support adoption of Integrated Pest Management and Integrated Farm Management on small farms..
● Tools and technologies to improve harvest and post-harvest processes to improve crop quality and farmer productivity.
● Crop damage prevention or mitigation during bad or erratic weather patterns.
● Rapid low-cost soil testing. Tool that supports our agronomy teams to give advice on soil.
● Simulation technology to speed plant breeding.
● Tools and technologies to improve harvest and post-harvest processes to improve crop quality, minimize post-harvest losses and ultimately improve farmer productivity.
● Cost-effective precision irrigation technology for crop sprinkler or drip irrigation systems.
● Environmentally friendly fertilizers (land or ocean) or fertilizer use optimization with high adoption/ low churn.
● Technology for the selection and sorting of individual crops based on quality parameters to ensure zero waste and improved crop acceptance rates.
Other / New Innovations Testing & Analysis
● Solution in the regenerative agriculture space (no platforms). Modeling capability is a preference.
● New technology applications for predicting & identify areas of risk before contamination in food or beverage production.
● Supply chain transparency for agriculture.
● Third party evaluation/monitoring process (GHGs, water usage).
● New tools/innovations for farmers to maximize farm returns and access to markets for all the products they produce including what may traditionally be termed waste material.